Mercantile opinion

General discussion about NGames, Lords of Xulima, classic RPGs, gaming, etc.

Mercantile opinion

Postby crpgnut » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:53 am

Playing the early access version and the mercantile skill takes very precious skill points and then doesn't give enough of a discount to amount to anything at all. Taking the skill gives a 5% bump, but after that it is a measly 1% per skill point wasted on the skill. You should either remove the skill or make the discount about 3%/level of skill invested.
crpgnut

Re: Mercantile opinion

Postby Kordanor » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Yub, I agree. The gain from this skill should be a little higher. Or the costs should be reduced to 1 per 1%
Kordanor
Herald

Postby Phosphono » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:06 pm

I also agree. I took the skill initially, then did a /facepalm when I saw how expensive it'd be to continue investing in it.

I know money isn't too big of an issue if you're playing correctly, but why have a skill at all if it is simply too expensive to be worth it.
Phosphono

Postby MReed » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:03 pm

This is a 2 point to gain / 1 point to improve skill for Bards (as one would expect), which seems reasonable to me given the progression. It isn't something that you spend points on every level, but a point or two every couple of levels seems reasonable.

No other class should take this skill, though -- at 2 points / level it would definitely be a bad investment.
MReed
Believer

Return to General Discussion