Flicking main menu, and overall game

Troubleshooting and assistance for technical issues.

Flicking main menu, and overall game

Postby antivirus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:42 am

(Windows 7 Home, laptop, Intel Core, 240GHz)

Soooooo I can load the first movie just fine, but the main menu (or at least I think that's what it should be) just flickers black/desktop in full screen, and in smaller screen is just black... I managed to get into the main game by randomly clicking things... and that's all black too.

This game looks amazing and I downloaded it from GOG if that makes any difference.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
antivirus

Re: Flicking main menu, and overall game

Postby Menorbriam » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:20 pm

Hi!

Which is your GPU and video RAM size?
Lords of Xulima Game Director & Tech Support
info@numantiangames.com
Menorbriam
Xulnari

Postby antivirus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:49 pm

I have a Intel (R) HD graphics with

1696 MB Total Graphics memory
dedicated video memory 64 MB
System video memory 0 mb
Shared system memory 1632 Mb

My processor is 2.40 GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory 4096 RAM

Is this what you were asking for?
antivirus

Postby Menorbriam » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:05 pm

Yes, it should run fine.

Try this:
Open the Configuration.txt file that it is in Documents\My Games\Lords of Xulima.
First try to change the graphics renderer between DirectX and OpenGL:
<Simple name="Renderer" value="SlimDX" />
Where you see the entry SlimDX change it by OpenGL. (or the opposite if it it was OpenGL at first):

Another thing is changing the resolution. Change the value FullScreenUseDesktopResolution to True or False. And set a different resolution for the game:
<Simple name="FullScreenUseDesktopResolution" value="False" />
<Complex name="FullScreenResolution">
<Properties>
<Simple name="Width" value="1920" />
<Simple name="Height" value="1080" />
</Properties>
</Complex>

Hope that this helps. Please tell us the result we would like to fix those rare issues.

Thanks!
info@numantiangames.com
Menorbriam
Xulnari

Postby antivirus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi!

So there's the good news and the bad news, the good news is by switching from "SlimDX" to "OpenGL" I can play the game... sorta...

The resolution switching didn't seem to make a difference besides making the text blurry when small, and the game laggy when super big.

With OpenGL it works, but with numerous graphical issues, and lag issues. I'll go through a small list

1) The movies play, but the first one is very very laggy (Unlike with SlimDX)
2) All accept/decline boxes have graphical issues where the backing is misplaced to the bottom right. Same is true for most menu's.
3) Unable to create party during game play, once a character portrait is chosen, the game always freezes. Able to make a party of random people, or the defaults
4) Accept and Decline boxes work, but are always off set for clicking, meaning you gotta click above them usually, and sometimes multiple times before they work
5) the overworld has weird things that move, such as mountain terrain and bushes, things that are placed over top the ground I assume. Plants that you find don't seem to move.
6) Combat seems fine (laggy, but works) I think... no real issues yet

I'm fearful another similar menu to the party creation will come again and cause the game to freeze, but besides that it's mostly graphical issues that's occuring. They're annoying, but an experienced player and figure everything out enough to be fine... At least so far.

If you have any other ideas of how to improve performance, I'm all ears!

Thanks for your help so far, appreciated. I'll share this information with G.O.G. to help anyone else who may be having issues as well.
antivirus

Postby antivirus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:40 pm

Entering the inventory or character sheets also visually freezes the game, you can keep playing but the screen has frozen on the image last seen, so you have to guess what you are doing. I'm assuming if I click in the darkness to do levels and then have the game auto save by entering a place, I can work through this issue, lol.

Here is the error message that appears if I keep playing past the freeze, and after clicking the map after opening the character sheet.

ERROR MESSAGE

ID 2C9E13B5
MESSAGE Unable to cast object of type 'DXVision.DXObject' to type 'JXApp.Render.OButton_Black'.
SOURCE LoX
TRACE at JXApp.Render.JXRenderMap.OMiniMap.ActivateNewNoteMode(Boolean activate)

at JXApp.Render.JXRenderMap.OMiniMap.UpdateCustomMapNotes()

at JXApp.Render.JXRenderMap.OMiniMap.ShowMaximized()

at JXApp.Render.JXRenderMap.OMiniMap.OnMouseClick(DXMouseEventArgs e)

at DXVision.DXViewerForm.DXVisor_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
antivirus

Postby Menorbriam » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:22 am

antivirus wrote:Hi!

So there's the good news and the bad news, the good news is by switching from "SlimDX" to "OpenGL" I can play the game... sorta...

The resolution switching didn't seem to make a difference besides making the text blurry when small, and the game laggy when super big.

With OpenGL it works, but with numerous graphical issues, and lag issues. I'll go through a small list

1) The movies play, but the first one is very very laggy (Unlike with SlimDX)
2) All accept/decline boxes have graphical issues where the backing is misplaced to the bottom right. Same is true for most menu's.
3) Unable to create party during game play, once a character portrait is chosen, the game always freezes. Able to make a party of random people, or the defaults
4) Accept and Decline boxes work, but are always off set for clicking, meaning you gotta click above them usually, and sometimes multiple times before they work
5) the overworld has weird things that move, such as mountain terrain and bushes, things that are placed over top the ground I assume. Plants that you find don't seem to move.
6) Combat seems fine (laggy, but works) I think... no real issues yet

I'm fearful another similar menu to the party creation will come again and cause the game to freeze, but besides that it's mostly graphical issues that's occuring. They're annoying, but an experienced player and figure everything out enough to be fine... At least so far.

If you have any other ideas of how to improve performance, I'm all ears!

Thanks for your help so far, appreciated. I'll share this information with G.O.G. to help anyone else who may be having issues as well.

Hi!

It is really weird it must be related with the graphic card drivers otherwise all player would have those issues. Please update your Intel graphic card drivers. Also please tell us your exact model of CPU and GPU.
info@numantiangames.com
Menorbriam
Xulnari

Postby antivirus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Well, I've gotten used to it all so I'm not too worried about it now. I have a friend whose computer works with the game, so I borrow it once a day to level up, lol.

Thanks for your efforts :-)
antivirus

Return to Technical Support